Windows 10 Store app screwed by its own upate every time! What do I do?

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 Store app screwed by its own upate every time!

Windows 10 is great, Store app is mostly great until it tries to update itself, then it gets screwed. The tile is greyed out with an exclamation mark and the app won't start. My only fix is to create a temporary user admin account, log on with that, delete my account - losing all my apps and settings, then recreate the account again and log in.
It is driving me nuts! Why the hell can't Microsoft get it right, they've been updating programs, systems and now apps going back decades so you'd think by now they'd have the technique perfected.
This could be a killer annoyance that drives me away from Windows 10.

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Store app screwed by its own upate every time!

Originally posted by gmincca
Windows 10 is great, Store app is mostly great until it tries to update itself, then it gets screwed. The tile is greyed out with an exclamation mark and the app won't start. My only fix is to create a temporary user admin account, log on with that, delete my account - losing all my apps and settings, then recreate the account again and log in.
It is driving me nuts! Why the hell can't Microsoft get it right, they've been updating programs, systems and now apps going back decades so you'd think by now they'd have the technique perfected.

Never had that problem, Store always updates fine, try resetting Windows on your device.

MohitKJain

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by gmincca
I have the same problem as you, in my case, Store itself gets screwed up after every update which is limited to my profile. In all other profiles it works normally. To get around, I do a system restore and then update the store from a different profile. This thing has been bugging me since i updated my Laptop to Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani