Why isn't my Windows 10 spotlight changing background?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 spotlight not changing background.

When I lock my new Windows 10 home edition 64bit laptop it remains on the Sky/red plane wing, I don't even have the 'love/hate this photo' option,
So far I have set Bing as default search engine, cleared out the folder where the spotlight photos are stored, changed the setting to picture then back to spotlight, I am now out of ideas.
TIA,

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 spotlight not changing background.

Are you connected to the internet? No connection, no update to Spotlight when the system wakes.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

anon(9424572)

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 spotlight not changing background.

Yes I'm connected to the Internet via Ethernet cable, I've also noticed that even though I've set to show weather on the lock screen I don't see anything, it's as though the lock screen setting is on picture & not spotlight.
I've SFC too & that's fine.
Thought I was logged in when I posted.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
The Spotlight doesn't work on my lock screen either. But I don't stay on the lock screen for more than a second so it doesn't bother me much. Still when I glance through the Settings app and see that Windows Spotlight is turned on, I then notice that it isn't working. Also the quick notification icons sometimes look very tiny and not up to date. Like the laptop is connected to WiFi but still the icon on lock screen shows it isn't. The lock screen is quite buggy for some. But it's not mentioned by anyone because not many take it seriously. Still a fix would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium