Can I upgrade from XP to Windows 10 for free??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can I upgrade from XP to windows 10 for free??

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 running Windows XP, can I upgrade this to Windows 10? and is it free??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I upgrade from XP to windows 10 for free??

You can't do it easily.

If you want to install Windows 10 on it, it'll have to be a clean install and it won't be free. It only applies for Windows 7 and newer.

Make sure the computer has sufficient specifications to run the OS as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Make sure the computer has sufficient specifications to run the OS as well.

As usual, xandros9 has some great advice. Check requirements here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ws%2Fwindows-10-specifications&token=ssw0iexx

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Re: xandros9 and RumoredNow,
Wouldn't it be less money to purchase a Windows 7 OS license, as I said, and then upgrade to Windows 10 from there? Assuming, as I said, that the computer specifications will support the upgrades. More work, but cheaper. In this whiny "everyone should give me everything for free" world, it might be the least cost, legitimate solution. No?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Re: xandros9 and RumoredNow,
Wouldn't it be less money to purchase a Windows 7 OS license, as I said, and then upgrade to Windows 10 from there? Assuming, as I said, that the computer specifications will support the upgrades. More work, but cheaper. In this whiny "everyone should give me everything for free" world, it might be the least cost, legitimate solution. No?

I would check the actual prices of Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 and 10 keys and act appropriately. So yea, 7 is probably cheapest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akashdeep3469