Start menu and action bar not working

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Desperate help needed guys.

Never had a problem with win10 till now, updated tonight to the latest release build, after reboot start menu, cortana, action centre, calendar etc. All are not working.

Tried all sorts of solutions, as this seems to be an error that crops up, but nothing fixed it.

Created a new local account and that worked fine.

Help, I can run PC, but no good for anyone else in the house, as they lack the knowledge, need to fix pronto.

ikrisna

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
It is the same with mine. It worked but very slow. I think the problem is on the search bar. When I pressed search bar, everything else will be slow.

To solve it, try to open action center (will be open after 30 seconds or so. Be patient) and then disable and re enable bluetooth. Hope it works

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Desperate help needed guys.

Never had a problem with win10 till now, updated tonight to the latest release build, after reboot start menu, cortana, action centre, calendar etc. All are not working.

Tried all sorts of solutions, as this seems to be an error that crops up, but nothing fixed it.

Created a new local account and that worked fine.

Help, I can run PC, but no good for anyone else in the house, as they lack the knowledge, need to fix pronto.

Read thread title and thought to created new test user account to see whether it was a broken user account. Sounds like it.

Best bet is to migrate all data to new user account. Other things you could try out...

Run cmd as admin
Chkdsk
Sfc /scannow
DISM repairs.

Last resort, do refresh or full restore. Back up your data first.

Let us know if you have any luck.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
What a first class tit I am.

Ok looked last night, and thought I'd got no system, restore points, checked today before starting anything else, and there they were.

Restored to before update, all fixed. :grin:

Nervously ran update again, this time no problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo