Computer still working while going in hibernation (Windows 10), why is it doing this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Computer still working while going in hibernation (windows 10)

Ok, so yesterday I had left a program working, which employs 100% of the cpu and about the same of the GPU and most of the ram. How is it possible that Windows hibernates while it's still working. It doesn't make any sense at all. I looked around in some forums but couldn't find anything.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Computer still working while going in hibernation (windows 10)

Ok, so yesterday I had left a program working, which employs 100% of the cpu and about the same of the GPU and most of the ram. How is it possible that Windows hibernates while it's still working. It doesn't make any sense at all. I looked around in some forums but couldn't find anything.

check your power settings, is the pc set to go to hibernate after a certain amount of time?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing some really weird behavior here too, on 14393.67. I'll probably start a new thread, slightly different title, but I thought I would add m comments here too, since I'm pretty sure they're relevant.
I'm set to sleep (S3) at 25 minutes, and everything else is lined up before it (drives, screen, etc). That all works fine, more or less, like it did before.
However, if left alone more than a couple of hours, it decides that I really wanted to Hibernate (S4), even though my timer is set at 1440/12 hours.

This used to work just great, my machine would sleep overnight, as expected, but if I was gone for a day or so, and forgot to hibernate it, it would go to S4, just fine, on its own, at least most of the time (sometimes this wouldn't happen, but oh well, things occasionally block sleep states, such is life).

Going to hibernate, seemingly randomly, after a couple of hours is a big problem, IMO, if it's unintentional. Something is clearly wrong in .67, in this area.
I thought it was just me, but my wife asked me about her desktop today too, was wondering why it was doing the same thing (hers is set to similar 1440/12hrs. Powercfg is useless, it has less info than it ever has, and the event viewer also has the typical limited info about why it went to sleep.

I wonder, OP, maybe since you had clear activity when it went to hibernate, maybe your event viewer has more info?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen