Reformatting Windows 10 after free upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Reformatting windows 10 after free upgrade.

Hello,
I recently upgraded from win 7 ulti to Win 10 pro however i had to create my windows partition after main data partition on my drive so windows partition is not first on disk.
I extracted cd key information using software found in google. Now my question is if i download iso of win 10 pro and install it will the free upgrade cd key work on that system or it wont activate? I'm having some stability and overall performance issues caused by the partition location on disk.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Reformatting windows 10 after free upgrade.

Hello,
I recently upgraded from win 7 ulti to Win 10 pro however i had to create my windows partition after main data partition on my drive so windows partition is not first on disk.
I extracted cd key information using software found in google. Now my question is if i download iso of win 10 pro and install it will the free upgrade cd key work on that system or it wont activate? I'm having some stability and overall performance issues caused by the partition location on disk.

what if you just reset the pc? You can do this from settings > update

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaledOlavive