Windows 10 Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 10586.420 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

Windows 10 10586.420 now available for PC and Mobile on Production and Release Preview | Windows Central

Note that this build is matched by Release Ring.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Last edited:

Milen Shkarov

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official 10586.420 Issues (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

Why in this update (.420) missing Voice (Call) Recorder. My phone is Lumia 950 XL

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official 10586.420 Issues (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

Quite leary of updates. Makes me wonder: "What exactly is wrong".
Other side of that argument: It's good they "improve" the OS.
Trouble is one doesn't know which is the more prominent view until after the fact.

Yes, hoping for the best.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

Is Wi-fi calling for the Lumia 640 finally working in this build? I know it does not work on the RS builds. Has anyone had any luck getting it to work on the 10586 Builds? If not, then I will have to stay on 8.1 for my trip overseas, so that I can use Wi-fi to save on Int'l roaming charges.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Is Wi-fi calling for the Lumia 640 finally working in this build? I know it does not work on the RS builds. Has anyone had any luck getting it to work on the 10586 Builds? If not, then I will have to stay on 8.1 for my trip overseas, so that I can use Wi-fi to save on Int'l roaming charges.

Hey gamo62...

You are in the thread for the PC build. Please bring your issue over here for mobile: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...hreshold-branch-production-ring-official.html

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

how do you compare 10586.420 to the current Redstone builds on a Lumia 730/735?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Cortana gives an error "We can't save this right now. Check your connection or try again later" when making changes in the weather card under notebook. Interestingly, this issue occurs in the corresponding mobile build too. Though, it works fine on the latest Insider build(both PC and mobile).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutiflex