Unable to use ICICI debit card to purchase apps since Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unable to use ICICI debit card to purchase apps since windows 10

Hi there, this might be relevant only to Indian users of Windows 10.

I recently upgraded to windows 10 on both phone and laptop. Since then, my icici debit card linked with my microsoft account stopped working.

i.e., I was able to make app purchases using the same card in windows 8.1 store where the process would be something like:

1. Click on app to buy
2. Choose card from the list (only 1 card for me)
3. Get redirected to 3d secure pin website from icici bank.
4. Enter 3d secure pin
5. Get redirected back to store with purchase successful.

Since the windows 10 upgrade, this is the process being followed:

1. Click on app to buy
2. Choose card from the list (only 1 card, same as in above)
3. Popup comes with title "One more step" and description as:

"Your card issuer needs you to complete one more step. When you select Continue, you'll be redirected to their website.
To pick another way to pay, select Back."

Pretty sure they are talking about 3d secure pin here. So I click continue
4. Another popup comes with title "Have you been to your card issuer's website" and the description as:

"If not, wait a moment or two, you'll be redirected there.
If you have, select Continue to wrap things up"
5. Parallelly, browser window opens with a microsoft link which is supposed to redirect to icici bank, but instead, redirects to an error page saying

"Try again?
You canelled payment or your payment service provider was unable to authorize it."
6. clicking on continue or back on the window store popup in step 4 has no effect as it simply says that "They aren't approving this transaction" with a PUR-TransactionNotAllowed error code.

I've contacted both ICICI bank customer care and at least talked with 10 MS agents including tech support who also debugged using remote desktop. None of them were able to figure out the issue.

I don't think that my bank is blocking the transaction as when I remove and add the same card or another ICICI bank card, INR 2.00 is debited from my account successfully.

Has anyone faced this issue ? Not sure if its ICICI specific or Windows 10 specific.

I have tried using a new dummy MS account as well as both from my phone and PC. Same result with all combination.

shiva1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to use ICICI debit card to purchase apps since windows 10

I have called Microsoft support and found one funny thing. When i gave my phone number for verification purpose, i came to know that the number is linked to my friends account and not mine and the support tech said its been this way since 11 yrs. I have raised a complaint on two issues now. One to rectify why i cannot pay up for the app/game from store and second to fix my account details. Payments through xbox are butter smooth with same account.

But as you mentioned both phone and PC (Win 10) store are broken experience. Fault is not with bank(s) (have three cards. 2 credit and one debit and they work flawlessly on xbox with same details).

Hope to hear within 24hrs. I will write back to you on the proceedings.

GSharma

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

Hey there! I am the original poster.

Thanks for verifying with other banks' cards as well. This and the fact that it works on Xbox proves that its the windows 10 store fault.

May I know how did u contact the support team?

shiva1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
First i contacted through chat on website. It din help as the guy was giving me the same answer that I am in preview program and they do not support. Just before you even conclude, i tried on 10586 and when it din work i installed preview and now i rolled back and still same issue (in less than a week and in which time i made successful transaction on Xbox along with those 2rs deductions on the other two cards). I called them on phone and was able to register complaint. if you want to dial support then call up below number

YOUR STD CODE + 30303838

I am expecting a call back from support today. Holding my frustration on this one as i am heavily investing on One Core (Xbox, PC, Phone and soon Surface along with future product "Hololens") This is going to make or break it. As of now i am not at all happy on PC and Phone store experience. I even removed my old MS products that i owned previously which were linked to my account. Current products are linked still to same account.

For your sake i will try ICICI debit purchase only if they ask me to check. If that doesn't work then i will move to credit.

K Kumar

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey Dude,

I am also facing the same issue. I contacted many times windows support and finally failed to fix that problem. I will let you know if i have got any infor on this issue . I am using HDFC credit and debit card both are failed.

K Kumar

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Hey bro,

Actually am working in UAE, so that indian card didn't work since my card International card but failed. I changed region to UAE and used UAE card it is working.I can able to purchase from windows store now . It may be helpful for you.

K Kumar

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi Sharma,

Go to Settings -Click-Time and Languages- Click - Region and Languages - Click Additional Date, time and regional settings. It will pop up one new screen. In that screen select region and select which county you wish to select. I hope clear.

Regards
Kumar

shiva1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
There were few calls from Microsoft and emails too. Today when i tried to purchase it went through without any additional logon or redirection pages popping up. I only had to give pin number for purchase and it was done. Very simple. I have requested for root cause. I used Hdfc credit though. I will purchase something using icici debit and see. Will post the outcome in a day or two as i need to check for suitable app/game for purchase.

I would suggest to contact Microsoft on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani