My computer will not let me type into the password bar, how can I get this working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My computer will not let me type into the password bar

Have been using windows 10 for about 2 months. All of a sudden, I can't login. When I get to the windows login screen, and start to enter my password, the screen remains blank. The keyboard was working and when i click on the arrow, I get a bad password message, because the field is blank even though I am typing. I have tried clicking on the field before typing to make sure the field is selected. Still nothing. Any ideas?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: My computer will not let me type into the password bar

Originally posted by Windows Central Question
Have been using windows 10 for about 2 months. All of a sudden, I can't login. When I get to the windows login screen, and start to enter my password, the screen remains blank. The keyboard was working and when i click on the arrow, I get a bad password message, because the field is blank even though I am typing. I have tried clicking on the field before typing to make sure the field is selected. Still nothing. Any ideas?
Sounds like the keyboard is not working. Check if it works as the PC boots and allows you to access the bios menu.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: My computer will not let me type into the password bar

what kind of pc do you have? Have you tried to restart and check if the problem goes away?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac