Anyone else noticed more than usual background download ?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Since yesterday my network usage shows much more than usual background download going on in my laptop.Today total download is 2559.9 MB till now .Yesterday it was 1271.9 MB.I discovered it today when I found apps updating very slowly in Store. Network speed was normal for my connection.
Any idea what is going on ? Anyone else facing this issue ?
This happened last year before 29th July when I got the upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1
My son too reported similar increased background download since yesterday.He is in a city at a different part of the country.
Any link with AU ?
Thanks !

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since yesterday my network usage shows much more than usual background download going on in my laptop.Today total download is 2559.9 MB till now .Yesterday it was 1271.9 MB.I discovered it today when I found apps updating very slowly in Store. Network speed was normal for my connection.
Any idea what is going on ? Anyone else facing this issue ?
This happened last year before 29th July when I got the upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1
My son too reported similar increased background download since yesterday.He is in a city at a different part of the country.
Any link with AU ?
Thanks !

disable auto update of apps and check if usage goes down a lot. There have been a lot of app updates of late

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
disable auto update of apps and check if usage goes down a lot. There have been a lot of app updates of late

Thanks for your reply.
I was on the Store page updating apps (there were quite a few) and they were updating very very slowly.That made me check my network speed and I found it was normal.So I checked to see whether I was getting any Windows updates(settings>updates) and that drew a blank.
It was then I found that my network usage was very high compared to other days with very high figures for downloads as I mentioned in my previous post.
I went to Storage and checked by installation date.I found that 9 apps updated today,same as I had on the Store > Downloads & Updates page and 13 apps yesterday including Windows Central app.
So it seems there was a lot of background download .
Normally I have to go to Store and check for updates.The apps never update otherwise.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
I was on the Store page updating apps (there were quite a few) and they were updating very very slowly.That made me check my network speed and I found it was normal.So I checked to see whether I was getting any Windows updates(settings>updates) and that drew a blank.
It was then I found that my network usage was very high compared to other days with very high figures for downloads as I mentioned in my previous post.
I went to Storage and checked by installation date.I found that 9 apps updated today,same as I had on the Store > Downloads & Updates page and 13 apps yesterday including Windows Central app.
So it seems there was a lot of background download .
Normally I have to go to Store and check for updates.The apps never update otherwise.

the apps might be struggling to update for some reason and hence they could be downloading data more than once

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
the apps might be struggling to update for some reason and hence they could be downloading data more than once

The normal usage on my laptop is 250 - 520 MB daily.
Yesterday I did not have any slowing down of update of the 13 apps but still download amount was high.
As I said ,my son too faced the same issue in his laptop yesterday & today in another city at the other end of the country.The internet speed in his institute is very good.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre