windows 10 Freezeing after anniversary update

efuhrimann

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I hope someone can advise on a fix. My system worked fine with windows 10 until after the anniversary upgrade to 1607. My system intermittently stops working (screen freezes and no apps open or close for about a minute or two then continues working fine again for a period. I have tried a complete clean and load from the ISO but it has the same effect. there is no other drivers or software loaded other then Windows. Nothing is flagged in the device manager and I tried disabling all start-up programs and disabled Antivirus and firewall 'but this too did nit fix the issue.

System:

Dell XPS Studio 9100
I7 - 930 Processor
12 Gb DDR#3 Ram
480 Gb SSD Kingston Drive (C:)
1.0 Tb Hard Drive (D:)
G-Force GTX 960 - 2 Gb Graphics
LG 34 Ultra Wide Monitor

Please advise any suggestions will help
Thanks Eric

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the latest drivers installed from Dell's support site for your model? Feels like a driver problem - check Device Manager and make sure you're not running with any errors or generic MS drivers for specific hardware. Also - check the Event Log (specifically the System and Application logs) for any errors or warnings during the period you experience freezing.

usman567

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
My pc is not freezing but, the performance is very poor after anniversary update. Disk always goes to 100%. HDD become hot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb