Groove Not Auto-Downloading Music After AU

CrownedMartyr

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
After the Anniversary Update, the Groove app on my SP4 is no longer auto-downloading my collection. The appropriate setting is set and I can manually download songs, but it refuses to download my collection for offline viewing.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After the Anniversary Update, the Groove app on my SP4 is no longer auto-downloading my collection. The appropriate setting is set and I can manually download songs, but it refuses to download my collection for offline viewing.

Is anyone else seeing this?

try a restart of the device and check
restart the internet too if the above doesn't work

CrownedMartyr

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I should have mentioned what I tried so far: I rebooted my Surface, connected to a different network, reset the app through the Windows settings, and signed out and then back into my account from within Groove.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I should have mentioned what I tried so far: I rebooted my Surface, connected to a different network, reset the app through the Windows settings, and signed out and then back into my account from within Groove.

after all those potential solutions, only one remains, a new update to fix things :grincry:

CrownedMartyr

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
It looks like it was an intentional change to the app. Apparently, Groove will now only automatically download songs that are added on the device itself. Songs added using other devices will not be automatically downloaded.

Old "Downloads" setting description: "Automatically download songs here after you buy them on other devices"
New "Downloads" setting description: "Automatically download songs added using Groove Music Pass on this device."

This is unfortunate. I really liked knowing that all of my songs were available offline regardless of which device I used to add them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss