Need a little help on: Major issue on a Notebook Update to 14393.xxx

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have updated my PC, TABLET, Phone to: 14393.51 (pc & tablet); 14393.67 (phone)

But! last night I tried to update one of my notebooks:

> Ran the Windows pre-diagnostics: came back saying I needed another 5GB on my SSD (C:\ Drive); check with Windows.com/support page and it recommended (among other things; which I did also), to delete the downloads. I just moved them to D:\ Drive.

> Hit: Try Again; the download went fine..no hangs.

> After download was complete; went through the "Let's get started" ritual.

> Computer made its way to my Sign in Screen (Great!); I signed in (Great!); I noticed that my Bluetooth mouse was working, all one its own - this hasn't happen since I installed Widows 10 in July 2015, without having to removing the device, rediscovering it and, re-Pair - every time the computer sat for a period of inactivity (MAJOR Great!).

> ALL, seem fantastic; started Netflix, and watched about 15mins of a show; THEN it began: Netflix buffering red circle appeared (no big deal); stayed there for too long (concern, for my other devices: PC & Tablet, had the same lockup issue earlier that day - and the only way to break the lock was to: Hard re-Start (power down) the PC; and, Soft restart the Tablet - so, I did a Power Down on the notebook (mouse moved, but could not activate a function).

> Had to do this repeatedly, for I kept getting the same result; now after a couple of mins the computer goes into a state of "NO response".

> Any suggestion for a Fix would be "greatly" appreciated.

Thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like when your device started updating all apps to the new UA (there are many) it gone out of storage and one app took 100% cpu (you could see that pressing left ctrl + shift +esc and click on CPU for seein culprit)

Another culprit could be the antivirus, sometimes it collided with update (i saw it by myself)

I suggest you restartin, if your device saved a previous state.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like when your device started updating all apps to the new UA (there are many) it gone out of storage and one app took 100% cpu (you could see that pressing left ctrl + shift +esc and click on CPU for seein culprit)

Another culprit could be the antivirus, sometimes it collided with update (i saw it by myself)

I suggest you restartin, if your device saved a previous state.

Maurizio, thank you for your reply.

I get no response for the Task Manager. MSFT Tech. support is looking into it now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb