office 2013 app not supported?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
After the redstone update the audio had issues along with few minor other bugs. I ended up resetting the PC and fixing the audio issue but now it is the office installation which is causing a headache. I get the error app not supported or something similar. However the office desktop version in question is running fine on the other laptops on the same build and before the reset it was working just fine on the laptop. What gives??
Any fixes?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It definitely is supported.

Running office 2013 fine on my surface pro 4. I did a fresh install with ISO of the AU and installed 2013 H&B via iso

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed your version number...

My version number for 2003 is 15.0.4433.1508.

Not sure if that makes a difference .

Have you tried a different ISO?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I noticed your version number...

My version number for 2003 is 15.0.4433.1508.

Not sure if that makes a difference .

Have you tried a different ISO?

That version number is when I got it maybe you have the newer one. What I don't get is that it was running fine on the laptop till the reset so why should it have issues installing again? why cant "the app" run on the pc? Isnt it a software for pc and app for tablet? The last question I am not that sure of but the rest is the concern.

The MS website shows office 365 when you select office 2013

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That version number is when I got it maybe you have the newer one. What I don't get is that it was running fine on the laptop till the reset so why should it have issues installing again? why cant "the app" run on the pc? Isnt it a software for pc and app for tablet? The last question I am not that sure of but the rest is the concern.

The MS website shows office 365 when you select office 2013

What version do you own? Home and business as well?

if you purchased it from Microsoft store you should be able to re-download the iso from office.com/myaccount.

If not you can try looking for an iso from the web.

I really cannot answer any of those questions as to why it is not working. Sorry.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
The install file is available almost anywhere. You can download the Office 2013 trial and get 90 days free and you can activate at any time by just entering a valid key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo