Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 14393.105 (Redstone 1, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 PC cumulative build 14393.105 rolls out to all users | Windows Central

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14393.105 of Windows 10. Discuss it here.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Here's a Changelog:

• Improved reliability of the Windows Ink Workspace, Microsoft Edge, File Server, Windows kernel, Microsoft Component Object Model (COM), Cluster Health Service, Hyper-V, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), NTFS file system, - PowerShell, Internet Explorer, facial recognition, graphics, Microsoft Store and Windows Shell.
  • Improved performance for the speed of purchasing Store apps.
  • Improved battery life of wearable devices (such as the Microsoft Band) while Bluetooth is connected and idle.
  • Improved compatibility of using Xbox One controllers with various games.
  • Addressed issue with incorrect character mapping between Japanese and Unicode for the question mark (?) symbol.
  • Addressed issue that prevents the download and initialization of .NET objects in Internet Explorer.
  • Improved support for new near-field communication (NFC) chips for Windows 10 Mobile.
  • Addressed issue with game or app audio not resuming after ending a call on Windows 10 Mobile.
  • Addressed additional issues with compatibility, Remote Desktop, BitLocker, PowerShell, Direct3D, networking policies, Dynamic Access Control (DAC) rules, Microsoft Edge, Connected Standby, mobile device management (MDM), printing, Fingerprint logon and Cortana.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 14393.105 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

How much size of This CU ?

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 14393.105 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

My Surface 4 has downloaded, rebooted, and finished long ago, but my HP laptop is stuck at 45% for the last hour. Anyone else?

(update - completed, now asking for restart... just longer than expected I guess)

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
My Surface 4 has downloaded, rebooted, and finished long ago, but my HP laptop is stuck at 45% for the last hour. Anyone else?

(update - completed, now asking for restart... just longer than expected I guess)
You need to get
Standalone Cumulative Update via: MS CATALOG - Open it in INTERNET EXPLORER
-Search for .105 using mscatalog search bar, download it.
-Install it without problem.

mekanism

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

I wish there was a way to roll back these cumulative updates. I already had issues with update, had to re-install my audio interface software. Also, giving us tips about resetting our pc's everytime one of these little updates comes out is ridiculous. Maybe stop forcing buggy updates. No one wants to reset their gear every month because you cant give us solid updates!

kamikaze80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Desktop doesn't recognize my wifi after latest update. Drivers don't install.

Jackske

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

That makes more as two months that I struggle with Windows 10 Updates.
I have read all the forums but nothing helped.
Finally I found the solution.
Go to the site https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=CoVYA4iO
Click "Update now".
Microsoft will install a new version of Windows 10, without changing anything in your settings and all your programs will continue to operate normally.
All your problems with Windows Update will be settled.
It takes patience because it takes a long time. But it is worth.
Jackske

David Goldman

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

Same here both my USB Wifi stick & an older WIFI pci card wouldn't load drivers, went out bought a Windows 10 semi-certified USB wifi adapter with a Win 10 Beta driver, and that wouldn't load either. Glad/Not Glad to see it same w/others. Rolled back the update to previous built, wifi adapters working again. Like magic. Nice QA there MS.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I wish there was a way to roll back these cumulative updates.

Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Update History > Uninstall Updates...

OR

Control Panel > Programs & Features > View installed updates...

Both of those lead to the same place:
  • Check by install date
  • Check by KB#
  • Highlight it (one left click) and use the uninstall button
The one you want looks like this:
Capture01.png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yay!!! My Windows Spotlight started switching lockscreen pics today. Nothing I did, it just happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos