Sharing documents directly from within Office 2016, easier way?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So this is absolutely a First World Problem, but an inconvenience for me nonetheless: As a freelance journalist, I write and share a lot of documents, using Word 2016. When I use the File -> Share button to send the document directly from Word, Outlook 2016 will be started, regardless of whats my default mail program. But since Outlook is not actually running, my mail won't be send automatically. I've to start Outlook 2016 first and manually click send/receive, or close Outlook since it will send/receive automatically in that case.

I'd rather use the default Mail app from Windows 10 to share documents, since it's more lightweight and running in the background anyways. If there a way to configure this? Please note: it is already my default mailing app, but Office is apparently ignoring this.

Or is there a way to either make sure Outlook will actually SEND the document when I press 'send', or make Outlook run automatically in the background?

On a sidenote: I tried making Outlook 2016 start automatically with Windows 10, but then the program stays on my task bar. Even when I enable 'hide when minimalized', it will show on my task bar. If I then open it (maximize it, basically) and minimalize it again, it will disapear as it should, bu once again, it's a silly inconvenience.

If anyone knows how to fix this stupid little problem, it would be awesome :cool:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I checked every option in word and in office, but found nothing

I did see in the share options that a onedrive option exists -I couldn't try that out right now but what if you used onedrive?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb