Desktop revert most recent stable production

a1mark

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I joined the insider program on my desktop and am now on: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
Evaluation copy. Build 14915.rs_prerelease.160826-1902

Unfortunately critical software no longer works and I need to revert to the latest production version. It seems impossible to quit the insider program for more than 7 days and when I click on the opt out altogether link it takes me to a web page and when I click on the link there it simply says I already have the latest version of Windows 10.

Does anyone know how to revert to the latest production model and out of the Insider program?

Cheers - Mark

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I joined the insider program on my desktop and am now on: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
Evaluation copy. Build 14915.rs_prerelease.160826-1902

Unfortunately critical software no longer works and I need to revert to the latest production version. It seems impossible to quit the insider program for more than 7 days and when I click on the opt out altogether link it takes me to a web page and when I click on the link there it simply says I already have the latest version of Windows 10.

Does anyone know how to revert to the latest production model and out of the Insider program?

Cheers - Mark

Did you looked for in Settings -> Update + restore -> "Back to previous build" is working?

If you are in Release Preview Ring, you should find in Settings -> Insider -> Choose Ring, the Production Ring for stopping receving builds.
That doesn't mean it'llchange your system, but you can stop updates till next official will get an UPPER build number.

A system can only be updated, not downgraded. Only way for downgrading it is a total restore using the Windows Media Tool and downloading the official ISO (no needs of dvds or keys, it works inside Windows too)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac