Sync problems after update

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Both my Lumia 830 and my laptop updated to the latest production ring versions. On both phone and PC I get an error message when trying to sync my outlook.com account. It happens in the outlook/email app as well as the people app. The error code is 0x8500201d. I've signed out/in of my account on both devices to no avail. Any ideas?

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Forgot to mention. when I go to settings/accounts on both devices it says "attention required" under the outlook account.

Happened to me. Easiest way to fix it was to remove the account and add it again. Did the trick for me so there is a chance if you want to try it...

pc2k16

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Same problem I have, same error, same issues, same attention required message, lost contacts, no syncing, but....... I'm not on the insider program. Mine happened after MS upgraded my outlook.com account. Microsoft level 2 support is supposed to call me tomorrow, but I'm just going to create a brand new MS account and start over from scratch, because I doubt they can fix it. Appears the account is corrupted to me.

BTW - removing and adding the account back did not help. I tried all kinds of things, nothing worked.

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Corrupt account is what I suspect as well. Please keep us updated as to what Level 2 says. I do not have the option to create new acct, I do not want to lose my free onedrive allotment. Thanks.

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Just went to Settings...Accounts...Email&app accounts. There are 2 accounts listed here. The first is my regular account "name@outlook.com". The server setting is eas.outlook.com.
The second account is "mail and calendar". The server setting under this one is blank. There are 3 toggle switches here. One for calendar and it's On. The other 2 say Email and Contacts and are both Off.
Anyone here know what the settings should be?

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I have only one account. Not sure why you have two, did not see that on my mums phone nor my brothers 950. Always one account/set of settings...

pc2k16

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft level 2 was no help. The tech just wanted to remote into my computer, install 3rd party software called Fiddler, and get some logs to send to the level 3 techs. I'm a desktop engineer and I deal with level 3 issues all day long. I understand the importance of gathering logs, but I was uncomfortable with allowing anyone access to my computer. I asked if I could get the logs myself and email them to him, but the tech said they can't do that. I then asked if I could talk directly to the level 3 support and he said he couldn't do that either. At this point I just told him this is a known issue and Microsoft needs to look into more, but I'll just create a new MS account and start all over. We ended the call at that point. I created a new account, took me all weekend to get everything set back up, but it's all working now.

Joerg Poetzsch

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I get error 0x86000c0a "eas.outlook.com can't be synchronized" on my PC, Surface, and Lumia 950 XL. The people app on all devices stopped synching, photo upload does not work, OneDrive app behaves buggy, storing documents automatically on OneDrive does not work anymore. Pretty messy right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs