Some of my laptop keyboard tabs are not working after a windows 10 update

zarixrillera

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I was using my laptop for six months now and I didn't have any problem on the keyboard tabs. It was perfectly working. Two days ago, an automatic update from windows 10 has occurred and I experience a problem on my keyboard tabs when the update was completed. There are six tabs currently not working. These are the tab "zero", "backslash", "semicolon", "caps lock", "left arrow", "down arrow". Kindly give me an answer how to fix my keyboard tabs so that I can use my laptop keyboard completely.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was using my laptop for six months now and I didn't have any problem on the keyboard tabs. It was perfectly working. Two days ago, an automatic update from windows 10 has occurred and I experience a problem on my keyboard tabs when the update was completed. There are six tabs currently not working. These are the tab "zero", "backslash", "semicolon", "caps lock", "left arrow", "down arrow". Kindly give me an answer how to fix my keyboard tabs so that I can use my laptop keyboard completely.

can you check in settings > language > keyboard whether the correct keyboard is installed? Is it American or Uk English keyboard?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Check your Accessibility Settings too, sometimes those can do "odd" things to the keyboard.
The "sticky keys" is the common one, but there's a variety of settings in there.

Also, check your BIOS, make sure something isn't changed in there, in terms of the default keyboard, some allow all kinds of re-mapping.

After that, I'd default to Chintan's recommendation to disable/re-enable the keyboard, and then to re-download the laptop OEMs latest keyboard driver, and "force update" to that.
All the while, be uber-careful not to change the mouse settings, since it's your bailout.
Ideally, you don't want to have to reboot, in-between disable and enable of the keyboard, as it can make it difficult to log in. Worst-case, I think you can enable the on-screen keyboard, and use that for log-in, or you can temporarily disable your login credentials, while you do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes