Screen timing out recently on Windows 10

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Recently I noticed something on my desktop on W10 AU 14393. When on my lockscreen after about I dunno 5 minutes or so my screen times out and goes black. I have my power settings on PC Goes to Sleep: Never, Turn Off Screen: After 2 hours. So I don't know what is causing this I remember it used to always stay on, I think this might be a new feature that they implemented in the anniversary update that I just noticed but I'm not too sure on that.

I can understand it on Mobile because of battery life that on Lock the screen times out after a few seconds. I can understand it on devices like My SP4 or SB which also use battery but I don't get it on a desktop that is plugged into the wall. I like having that beautiful picture always up from Spotlight/Bing images but now it just times out and goes black after a few minutes. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it? :)

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Definetly cant find a fix for this, i remember when i could have my lockscreen up all day on my desktop which looked beautiful like a picture in the room but now it goes black after about 2 minutes everytime. Must be a change that they made within the AU.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Glad to see you solved your issue. HTG is one of my favorites.:wink: Thanks for sharing this with other W10 users.

You are welcome. The only reason i am making such a big deal of this is because it NEVER happened before for almost a year with 10240 or 10586. I would have my lockscreen up on my 27" FHD display and it would look so beautiful all day like a painting. I would not want this on my Surface Book or SP4 because it kills the battery and the infrared stays on as well for some reason.

At least there is a hack/setting to change this now. I dont remember Microsoft mentioning this or commenting on it on recent change logs or insider builds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap