How to get Internet Explorer and Edge to browse Windows central without crashing?

Pocket PC

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Really, is it just me or can one no longer browse the web with IE or Edge. This site and several other just cause my browsers to crash, crash, crash. Is google in such control of web content that IE and Edge are just no longer relevant? This happens on my all-in-one Win 10 desktop, on my surface Pro 4, and on my Lenovo X1 Yoga. What gives?

Dinu Noroc

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have never encountered a crash lately. It is true, sometimes i feel some lag on WP central, but never crash. Last crash from WPCentral was when Edge was in beta (Project Spartan)...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate area...

Windows 10 How-To Guides is for write ups of prepackaged solutions... Not for leading questions on issues not yet resolved.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I gave up, on Edge and the App, for Windows Central, and switched to using Chrome, with zero issues, no lags, stalls, hangs, etc.
That was shortly before AU; tried Edge again recently, super-laggy still, back to Chrome.

I still use Edge for probably 60% of my browsing, particularly since AU, it's gotten more stable, but WindowsCentral is just too painful in Edge, for me.
Kinda' ironic ;-]

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We're well aware of the issues with Edge :/ if anyone has specifics I can add to our punch list.

@Pgrey - glad to hear that Chrome is working for you :) but we'll do what we can for Edge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas