Yahoo wants me to change password!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi This is getting on my nerves. Does anyone here use Yahoo mail? I keep getting notification that I need to change my password. I follow all the prompts to change my password. I get the OK that I completed the change password successfully; but A few seconds later, I get the nag notification again that I need to change my password. My wife and I share a laptop. I use gmail and she uses Yahoo. I'm running W10 and have all the latest up dates This shouldn't be this difficult. I have changed passwords many times. What is up with Yahoo? Any advise would be very much appreciated!
PS I have heard about the hack into Yahoo, but this is ridiculous.:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @zocster! Sorry I'm not sure what your asking. I access my wife's email through IE. I access my email through Firefox. I have then synced in the W10 mail App!
I hope this is what your asking. I can follow suggestions fairly well. Thanks for your reply!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi friend! This is the nag I keep getting in notifications!:wink: Sorry about my screen print. I took it while I was logged on to the forum!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 7

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh you're on windows mail. That's fine, my first suggestion would be to remove the offending account, reboot, then re-add it?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh you're on windows mail. That's fine, my first suggestion would be to remove the offending account, reboot, then re-add it?
Hi friend! That's great advise, but it will not let me remove that account. This just started happening after the reported hack into Yahoo. I hope I'm making sense and I really appreciate your help. The yahoo account was the first account added to windows mail. I can remove my gmail account but not the yahoo account. I hope I'm making sense. I appreciate you!:smile:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi This is the nag I get and it's really getting on my nerves. I have changed the password 3 times and I'm still getting this dang notification from Yahoo.
Please help before I throw this PC in the trash can!:winktongue: I have been stumped before, but never like this. This is ridiculous and I really need your help! Bring in the big guns LMAO. I need help!
Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 6

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Latest up date from Yahoo! What a loser!:wink: I'm still getting the same dang notification and I'm sick of it!
How stupid can you get Yahoo? I'm not sure which one has the least brain damage. Microsoft or Yahoo. LMAO
FYI Yahoo I have changed my password 3 times to night and you still give me a notification to change my password. How dumb can you get?? I give up. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! I'll log on tomorrow. I'm exhausted tonight!
Thanks !

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 4

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ zocster! Thanks friend! That's a great link. I just clicked on security questions and got rid of those. Yahoo said they made the account less secure. We'll see what that does. Yahoo gave me a message that the account was now secure. We'll see what happens. Your are much appreciated. Great link!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Just got this from yahoo! We'll see if this stops the nag.:wink: Thanks friend!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 0

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Dang it! The notification is back, saying account setting are out of date. I'm sick of this. I'm going to let this issue rest for awhile. I'm thinking Yahoo has gone crazy like the rest of the world!:devil: Thanks for all the help. It is much appreciated!:crying:

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine wants to send me a code to my phone and the others in Windows 10 mail just stopped syncing Sunday. I went through this once before with Yahoo a few years ago. It seems assign you phone as the default and doesn't like you to use the same account on other devices.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi zocster! Here's the latest my friend! I did every thing yahoo asked me to do. I still got the nag notifications. Here's what I did. I found a way to delete the account in the w10 mail App. I'll put it back when yahoo gets their act together. Thanks again for your great help. It got me to the place where I could delete the account. I bet notifications won't be nagging me about yahoo again. LMAO

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
In all honesty...dump Yahoo, delete your account. Ask your wife to setup an Outlook account and transition to that one, its a chance to delte spam and you will have peace of mind, Yahoo was hacked and also gave back doors to government (the others say they dont but im guessing the government takes what they want anyway) at least they dont give blanket access which is what Yahoo did?
Its also being sold and share price dropping, its a good time to jump off a sinking ship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon