Tablet or laptop (For a tough life)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Me and my colleague both ride motorcycles and basically supervise a fleet of over 4000 cars in London.

We have panniers and top-box's so plenty of carrying space, we have an office PC but that office is moving and we won't be able to visit it regularly so we need an option of a tough as old boots PC to run Office and one or two in house programs and of course some web work.

So either a laptop or a tablet. I have a Surface Pro 3 and I am not sure it would be tough enough and I think having a built in keyboard could be of more use than a separate one especially if we have to have the thing working balanced on a petrol tank or running in an open top box so self standing is important.

We would have occasional access to our head office if we had to do intensive work, but also there are plenty of cafe's and the like in London, but a good battery life would be important along with a good strong case of some sort.

We currently do a lot of our work on mobile phones and then go back to our PC and replicate this work, but having a full blown PC that can be networked via outside Wi-Fi either using our phones as hotspots, an internal phone card or other Wi-Fi sources.

Can't say money is no object but I can't but would really want at least an i5 equivalent spec.

Any ideas welcome and I would love it to be a 950XL using Continuum but I doubt that will be the answer so lets keep to tablets and smaller laptops :cry:

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Most durable... Toughbooks. But it has a price tag and is bulky. Surface book I can agree on. Pretty durable feel and it is both a tablet and laptop. Get a solid case with a good protection lining and you are golden.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Enterprise guy here. My HP ElitePad with the batterysleeve is milspec certified, has been dropped on concrete repeatedly, traveling the world, and keeps on ticking. Runs any 32-bit Win 10 app. Most excellent, I'm waiting for the G3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12