Win 10 (Anniversary Update) will not boot with Radeon R9 installed

castingflame

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 (Anniversary Update) will not get past the splash screen with a Asus AMD Radeon R9 290 fitted.

I spent 3 days trying to install the Anniversary Update so that I can play Forza Horizon 3 as it will not even install without it. In the end I took all the cards out of my system and disconnected all peripherals and used the on-board intel graphics. I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 Anniversary and it finally installed okay. I added the hardware back 1 by 1 and in the end Windows gets stuck at the splash screen when I have the Radeon R9 installed. I installed the drivers but it still just gets stuck at the splash screen, with no revolving circle, and will not boot with the Radeon R9 installed. When I take out the Radeon and use the on-board intel card it will boot ok.

I can boot from my other SSD which is pre Anniversary Update and everything works fine with the Radeon R9 installed.

I have no idea what to do next. Any help is appreciated.

gusinaus

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
There are a few issues with AMD drivers and Windows 10. One suggestion I've heard of that has worked is to remove the AMD drivers manually and then let Windows install the driver.

Incidently this system has Win10 Anniversary Update and an R9 290 and hasn't missed a beat. Prolly luck of the draw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett