Here's how to run a failed update!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! There seems to be a major problem getting W10 updates to down load and install. This is how I approach that issue. I don't have any failed updates at the time, but if I did have some, here's the sequence I would try to get the update to install as a exe. file! I would appreciate any comments or help from other users about this thread, and how to improve it or correct it.:smile: I just went through this on a seniors PC and it worked great. Thought I would pass it forward.
Here's the sequence I used! Hope this works for you on your next W10 update failure! I appreciate any comments or suggestions or a easier way!
These are all left click. I messed up. Senile moment

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Capture28.JPG
    Capture28.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture27.JPG
    Capture27.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi You all! I was able to install the W10 Anniversary Update today; after it had failed on a seniors PC, using the above procedure. That made me a very happy camper.
Hope it works for you!
PS The senior is also very happy!:wink:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey, if you are still fighting with that errors then try :
Method 1. It will be 101% work. ? You can also check the package number under update history. (optional)
?Then download/install:Standalone package | Cumulative Update: MS CATALOG ; works only with INTERNET EXPLORER(and latest Edge browser)
? After opening this site, search for the package:
+For Anniversary Update(RS1 / 1607 build): Click on thislink
++For Th2(1511 build): OPEN this link IN IE. MAYBE workable on Edge browser.
# If you're stuck up with it then ask it again.We are waiting for the result .

** i often used this method for Cumulative/feature update.
But make a backup of your data.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Give this a look!
About the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Windows just keeps getting better and better.

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is the second big update since the launch of Windows 10. It's full of great new features that customers told us they want. The Windows 10 Anniversary Update will automatically download and install when it becomes available for your device (your device will be running Windows 10 Version 1607 after it's installed). Want it now? Click the button below to get it. This is a exe. file. Just click it and run it!

Get the Anniversary Update now http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=821403

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft.

Sometimes you may have an issue with Windows Update such as not being able to download or install updates, error messages, not being able to search for new updates, etc. These kind of issues can occur when the Windows Update database or components are corrupted, one or more services related to Windows Update are not running, etc.

Resetting the Windows Update components and history can usually solve these types of issues.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
The repair of Windows 10, can resolve many problems in Windows 10 functionality and some times is the most reliable and quickest way to fix the Windows 10 malfunctions. Also the in-place Windows 10 upgrade, which performed with the repair process, ensures that Windows 10 have the latest updates and fixes installed.
There's always the in-place repair if every thing else fails. This is all I know about W10 updates. I hope someone reads my thread and solves their update problems.
How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
dude it is easier if you go through control panel or simply go to windows update to do it
Hi dude! That doesn't always work. I know windows automatic is the best, but I don't know about control panel. Please explain both of the methods you mentioned so it can help others.:wink:
Thank you!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! Here's a way to use the Media Creation Tool. First go here and down load the tool. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=W-SX0z5u. You can get the file there and also how to create the tool and use the tool. If you can get to Advanced Startup, you can try this method without going into the Bios and changing the boot order. Here's link by Shawn Brink! How to use USB Drive to -Boot from in Windows 10. USB Drive - Boot from in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Attachments

• Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 0

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's a little tip. When you go link to get the MCT, you will see this if you are running the latest version of W10. Click on Update Now. This will verify that you gave the latest version of W10. If your up to date you will get a "Thank you for updating to the latest version of W10"
PS Hope this helps someone with the upgrade!

Attachments

• Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture28.JPG
    Capture28.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 0

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi! There seems to be a major problem getting W10 updates to down load and install. This is how I approach that issue. I don't have any failed updates at the time, but if I did have some, here's the sequence I would try to get the update to install as a exe. file! I would appreciate any comments or help from other users about this thread, and how to improve it or correct it.:smile: I just went through this on a seniors PC and it worked great. Thought I would pass it forward.
Here's the sequence I used! Hope this works for you on your next W10 update failure! I appreciate any comments or suggestions or a easier way!
These are all left click. I messed up. Senile moment

Thanks for the tip! Cheers :)

mark randall1

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Here's link for a clean install if all else fails! Not the way I would want to solve this issue, but it's another way when all else fails!:smile:

Thanks for your suggestions Holdum33, they worked perfectly!

dude it is easier if you go through control panel or simply go to windows update to do it
And just so you know, dude, Holdum33 is correct. Sometimes it doesn't show up using the windows update. Mine didn't

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon