Where to find windows 10 update log?

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a Dell Precision 5510 that will not install the 1607 update even after a clean install.

Where can I find the log and possible error number so I can debug the issue?

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but both your picture and the link are not helpful at all.

I know of the Update History, that does nothing for me because I know 1607 is what is failing.

The link is not helpful, because there is no indication which of the KBs is failing because the only text in the update is as follows

"Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1607"

Somewhere on the hard drive that must have written the actual error that was encountered, that is the file I am looking to find.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
"Thanks for the reply, but both your picture and the link are not helpful at all".

That's very funny because 6 members found that link very helpful.:wink: If you want to do it the hard way,and you seem to know every thing:wink:; you can go into the Event Viewer or The Reliability Monitor and find a error code. Then go on the web and see what caused the up date to fail!
Let me know how things go for you going that route. Sense I don't know any thing about WU, you can teach me!:wink: If you want my help, you will need to change your attitude!:grin:
PS if you would have checked my link a little closer, it would have led you here! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-update-history
Good luck with your update issue!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon