My laptop is a mess!

HateVerizonNSamsung

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a HP laptop I bought awhile back (can't find the model) and since, I've reinstalled several drives of docs/music/vids etc and they are EVERYWHERE! I can't find a thing without doing a search for even one song, then there are the duplicates... many duplicates. I DID just find some software that will help with that, so that will help. So...

My question is, I'm wondering if there is a magic genie that will install and sort like/like into one place etc so I can find things. I also have 2 sets of every folder, 2 documents, 2 music... you get the idea. Then when Verizon sucked up allll my phone info, it got put on my laptop and I just don't know what to do!!! I have a court case coming up in March and need to get this organized. Am I dreaming, or is it just not possible?

I also thought of partitioning my HD but it's already C/D and the recovery (D) is about 98% full, have no clue what to do with that, I've never had this issue before. I'm used to being able to do what I want with my HD, but apparently not these days!! :angry:

I appreciate your help, thank you!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I use a program called Search Everything! It's one of the best search programs I have found. If you're running W10, you can see whats on your C drive by Clicking on All Settings- System-Storage- This PC (C:) I'll be logging on and off all day. Let me know if I can help you further! This program can really help you. It has filters and other features for finding what's on your PC. I have used it for years.
https://www.voidtools.com/

HateVerizonNSamsung

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi, the searching part is maybe the least of my worries... I don't understand why my D: drive is almost full It has 23GB total and only 2.5GB left. Is this normal? Also my C: drive is 440GB and only 227GB left.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
In think, in this case, you might need to find someone that can assist you with your issue. A forum might not be the best place especially as you've stated that you have files everywhere and, heaven forbid, something's erased by mistake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb