GoGameGo virus question

Mapnny

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
My wife netbook is infected with this nasty redirect virus, is there a ready-made tool to remove it that is free?

I have spent some time Googling it, and found a few sites like this (Delete GoGameGo (Go Game Go) redirect and virus tab - Manual Removal Guides) that seem to offer a removal tool, though I’m guessing once you download and run the tool payment will be asked for.

I don't really have the time and skills to go through editing the registry and host files etc as suggested at link below and Bleeping computer forum.
So I’d be very thankful for any advice especially free and effective removal tool!

Last edited:

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd second the recommendation for Malwarebytes.
It managed to get rid of an annoying IE 'toolbar' on a works laptop that someone installed.
Everytime I tried to uninstall it manually it just replicated itself and redirected me to a competition site.

Downloaded the free Malwarebytes trial and no more toolbar*:grin:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! @BonzeUK! Thanks for joining this thread. I like team work! Malwarebytes is great, but some times it takes other programs along with MBAM to get all the malware. Thanks for your reply. I'm waiting on reply from the OP to see if they need more help with this malware. You are always welcome on any thread where I'm helping. :wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys! Thanks for joining this thread. Thanks for the links. They are all very good scanners. Team work is good.
Here's one of my favorites. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fus%2Fhome%2Fonline-scanner%2F&token=tzQlo9AD It will take a long time to scan your PC. It's a on line scanner and does not install on your PC. It will even remove itself. Maybe we can turn this thread into our favorite malware scanner programs! I have a ton. Combo Fix and the list goes on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss