Windows 10 Picture Screen Saver

anon(9883946)

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Greetings and Good Tidings all!

I was wondering, is there a better picture screen saver than the one found stock on Windows 10? I was hoping for something with more options. Perhaps some action and dissolve effects would be nice too...?

What do you use?

Thanks!

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I don't use screen savers. They aren't needed on the new screens. Their are a ton of screen savers on the web, but be careful or you will pick up malware from screen saver sites.
Here's a good read from HTG! Why Screen Savers Are No Longer Necessary

That's a complete load of BS. A LOT of people still have plasmas that they hook up to an HTPC and need a screen saver (including me). Also AMOLED and OLED screens are almost just as prone to image retention/burn in as plasma. Look up all the complaints about image retention on the new OLED TV's. And also, LCD's can suffer from image retention as well, but it takes more time. The LCD on my Dell Venue 11 Pro has a dark bar running cross the bottom of the screen because the previous owner left the taskbar up all the time. Image retention is real, people.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help regarding other screen saver options btw. I use the "ribbons" one on my HTPC hooked up to plasma.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
"Sorry I couldn't be of more help regarding other screen saver options btw. I use the "ribbons" one on my HTPC hooked up to plasma."
I don't know about my reply being a bunch of BS?? I do know I attached a link from HTG about the need for screen savors. HTG has been around for a long time. Do you have a link you would like to share with the forum. I would be happy to read it!
Thanks for your reply! Team work is good!:wink:

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
"Sorry I couldn't be of more help regarding other screen saver options btw. I use the "ribbons" one on my HTPC hooked up to plasma."
I don't know about my reply being a bunch of BS?? I do know I attached a link from HTG about the need for screen savors. HTG has been around for a long time. Do you have a link you would like to share with the forum. I would be happy to read it!
Thanks for your reply! Team work is good!:wink:

My personal experience proves that screensavers are still quite useful. Many popular types of display technologies can suffer from image retention and burn in. I don't need to provide a link, but here is one anyway Image Retention on TVs: Burn-in

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks for your reply. I don't believe I mentioned TVs in my reply. All I'm saying is screen savors are not needed on the new PC monitors any more! I don't wish to turn this in to a flame war.
Your Quote to me! "That's a complete load of BS" That was not necessary! Everyone here on WC is entitled to their options, but it helps to be able to back them up!:grin:
Have a good day!:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788