Chrome no longer working properly on Creators Update

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I just did a fresh install of the Creators Update, checked for updates then installed all my software. Chrome doesn't work properly. The window to log in doesn't show, the window that asks to save a password or translate a page either. Then if I go to uninstall Chrome, the window that asks if I'm sure I want to uninstall it and whether I want to delete all my personal data doesn't show at all. But I can still hit Enter and it uninstalls.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any solution except wait for an update of Chrome?

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@dlalonde, I just checked my SP3, on build 16170, and did have to sign-in again, when doing so I prompted to re-verify my SP3' credentials (on 2-step verification), once I entered the G-****** code, sent via text, I was good to go.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
@dlalonde, I just checked my SP3, on build 16170, and did have to sign-in again, when doing so I prompted to re-verify my SP3' credentials (on 2-step verification), once I entered the G-****** code, sent via text, I was good to go.

SP3?

Did you do a fresh install? Do you see the popup that prompts you to save a password for instance? That's the kind of window that doesn't appear anymore for me.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I think I may have steered you wrong, my SP3 (Surface Pro 3) is on Insider Fast Ring, and when on Build 16063.xx, it was on Fast Ring then, too. Build 16170 (RS3) is the current build for Fast Ring, for Insider...sorry.

My Desktop "IS" on the advanced RTM Creators Update (available April 5th), and was updated using the MS Update Assistant (not a clean install). I also tried Chrome on it, and had no problems pulling up Chrome, nor my account. Did you check your Chrome settings for any changes?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@dlalonde, for what it is worth:

I just checked my SB (Surface Book), it too is on Creator Update (available April 5th), and was updated using the MS Update Assistant (not a clean install). Previously, Chrome was not installed on this unit, I just installed it and saw 'no' Sign-in page after the install. I had to close Chrome > Restart computer > Open Chrome, I then saw the sign-in screen, and was able to sign-in with no issues.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
@dlalonde, for what it is worth:

I just checked my SB (Surface Book), it too is on Creator Update (available April 5th), and was updated using the MS Update Assistant (not a clean install). Previously, Chrome was not installed on this unit, I just installed it and saw 'no' Sign-in page after the install. I had to close Chrome > Restart computer > Open Chrome, I then saw the sign-in screen, and was able to sign-in with no issues.

Ahh Surface Pro! Sorry ;)

I'll have to try that then. Otherwise maybe I'll have to give Edge another try.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Edge almost exclusively Now, I actually like it :O - good luck!

It often stutters on my PC (and is unusable on my wife's PC) and I'm an Android user so I'd miss the bookmark sync. But I'll give it another try I guess. Thanks :)

Sirkoster

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
I have had the same problem with chrome, had to revert to previous install of windows 10. Seems to only cause problems with google chrome.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've tried it again, freshly installed Windows Creators Update. It didn't work.

Here are three examples of things that do not appear on the Creators Update (these screenshots were taken from the Anniversary Update)

chrome.png chrome2.png chrome3.png

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
It Depends from pc to pc. Nobody knows when will the softwares crash.

Did you reinstall chrome? Seldom, Chrome was crashing on .953..

I hope your chrome crashes problem will be fix in next update.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It Depends from pc to pc. Nobody knows when will the softwares crash.

Did you reinstall chrome? Seldom, Chrome was crashing on .953..

I hope your chrome crashes problem will be fix in next update.

That's the weirdest part, that it depends from PC to PC. There something that makes it work on one PC and not the other. I wonder what it is. I tried it on Virtuabox and it worked fine...

I reinstalled Chrome several times and Windows three times which means it must be hardware related.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
OK I think I found the solution. I turned off hardware acceleration and it works again. So it seems the graphic card driver Microsoft provides it as fault here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar