Windows Ten AutoRefresh/Deselect Bug? Any Solutions?

WilliamMolloy

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Hey Ya'll. I googled this more than a few times throughout the past year. But I don't know if anyone else is having the same exact issue as me. None of the search results really seemed to line up and this is getting too frustrating.

Basically, this is my problem.

In late 2015, November or December, my Windows 7 was having issues. A pop up came stating it wasn't legitimate. Now, I am fairly confident it was, I've never illegally downloaded it but I'm also not that tech savvy. It's possible when i got the computer years ago my friend who set me up illegally downloaded it. Regardless, I was getting free updates to Window's 10. After the pop ups turned egregious and issues with my computer (in Windows 7) increased, I took the upgrade.

Windows 10 still claimed that this was an illegitimate copy. I ignored it and accepted the "Activate Windows 10" watermark for months on before I finally bought a copy. I just want to stress that, I did eventually buy a copy online, thinking it would stop my issues.

Apart from the water mark, my computer will frequently (almost every minute, if not a minute and ten or so seconds) auto refresh / deselect me from all programs I am using. If I'm playing a game (Overwatch) I am sometimes minimized, but usually it just deselects me from the game and I need to click on it again for it to work.

Other examples are with the File Explorer. Every time the computer auto refreshes, the File Explorer closes. This happens with the Groove Music App as well.

Another issue I have is that I cannot open the Control Panel. Any attempts to get into it causes the computer to freeze before it goes through a similar process to the deselect bug I described, only maybe a few seconds longer due to loading errors.

I really have no idea what the issue here is and I'm getting fed up with it. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thank you for all responses.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey Ya'll. I googled this more than a few times throughout the past year. But I don't know if anyone else is having the same exact issue as me. None of the search results really seemed to line up and this is getting too frustrating.

Basically, this is my problem.

In late 2015, November or December, my Windows 7 was having issues. A pop up came stating it wasn't legitimate. Now, I am fairly confident it was, I've never illegally downloaded it but I'm also not that tech savvy. It's possible when i got the computer years ago my friend who set me up illegally downloaded it. Regardless, I was getting free updates to Window's 10. After the pop ups turned egregious and issues with my computer (in Windows 7) increased, I took the upgrade.

Windows 10 still claimed that this was an illegitimate copy. I ignored it and accepted the "Activate Windows 10" watermark for months on before I finally bought a copy. I just want to stress that, I did eventually buy a copy online, thinking it would stop my issues.

Apart from the water mark, my computer will frequently (almost every minute, if not a minute and ten or so seconds) auto refresh / deselect me from all programs I am using. If I'm playing a game (Overwatch) I am sometimes minimized, but usually it just deselects me from the game and I need to click on it again for it to work.

Other examples are with the File Explorer. Every time the computer auto refreshes, the File Explorer closes. This happens with the Groove Music App as well.

Another issue I have is that I cannot open the Control Panel. Any attempts to get into it causes the computer to freeze before it goes through a similar process to the deselect bug I described, only maybe a few seconds longer due to loading errors.

I really have no idea what the issue here is and I'm getting fed up with it. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thank you for all responses.

I probably cannot solve all the problems you described.
However, please fill in the "missing parts" listed below so that the more knowledgeable members will have some facts to work on.............

1. What Windows 7 edition was that ? Basic, Home, Home Premium, Ultimate or Professional ? 32-bit or 64-bit ?
2. What Win 10 edition was that copy you bought online ? Home or Pro ? 32-bit or 64-bit ?
3. Did that Win 10 copy you bought online come with a product key ?
4. Did you buy it from a legit computer retail store ?
5. Did you try to install the Win 10 copy ? What method did you use to install Win 10 ?
6. Was Win 10 activated ? Why do you still have the watermark ?

Last edited:

WilliamMolloy

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry, I won't have all the answers to these.

1: I'm not sure. That was a very long time ago (2013?) and I couldn't find any CD key or anything for Windows 7.
2: I believe it was Home. I'm not sure if there is a way to check.
3: I believe so, yes. Again. Not sure how I'd check.
4: I bought it online, off the store.
5: I believe so, yes. It should've been automatic.
6: I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. The Watermark is gone but every other side effect is still there.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Here is how you find out if your Win 10 Home is activated or not.

Left click at the Start button > left side, click Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Activation > right side, under Activation, it will tell you if your Windows 10 is activated or not.

It will look something like this.......

Win 10 Activation.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb