Creator's Update and Privacy - TinFoil Hat Question

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
So, my teenager calls me and tells me not to install the CU on my work PC. I had been on the Fast Ring on my Surface but that machine died a horrid death and I'm now running a normal desktop PC form Dell.

He stated that the CU lets everyone know all the settings and the basic and advanced settings don't fix this. (He then stated I should go back to using Linux like i used to.)

In any case, I did some searching and found there are more settings. However, they seem pretty innocuous.

What is the general consensus?

Windows 10 FINALLY lets YOU delete THIS data it has collected on you | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

https://betanews.com/2017/04/05/windows-10-creators-update-privacy/

EFF warily applauds the Windows 10 Creators Update's privacy concessions | PCWorld

anon(391898)

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
That your teenager is reading too many fake-technews sites.
Microsoft does allow Low and Full settings for telemetry. It doesn't take your personal information.

Withheld

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
If he has a cell phone, uses the internet it's literally bleeding personal data and he probably uses social media as well.. As csiemers mentioned, it's just very basic non-identifiable information to help if there are problems and something just about every OS does these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium