Troubles after the Creators Update

zagiame

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Be aware how you act after updating to the Creators Update, cuz you may be missing something important. Do not rush or "Fresh Start" or "Disk Cleanup" before you double check.

My issue is: after updating my PC to the Windows 10 Creators Update, my office license has been reset and so when I type my key to active it I get pumped up with the "Your installation cannot be activated because you have activated up to the limit of your Multiple Activation Key."

So Deval, suggested that I reinstall my Office Pack, but I already did a "Fresh Start" from the Windows Defender's Security Center, so the Office Pack has been once uninstalled and the installed on that "Fresh" Windows 10 Creators Update, and I still cannot activate the license and that's why I contacted support.
From what the support side provided that I should go and buy new Office Pack License from the Windows Store.

Really, Microsoft!?! Just for updating my Windows 10 to the Creators Update you make us pay for new License of the Office Pack, cuz there is obviously no way to go back before updating, because of the Fresh Start, so we can transfer our License to Other PC and then update and transfer it back to our own PC. Or giving us the option to deactivate an KEY so it can be used again from us, who obviously own that KEY.

Last edited:

Migi2015

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Seriously, it revokes your Office license? That would be earth shattering news and be widely reported if true. Are you sure that's what happened?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I think you need to go to your Office Account info settings and deactivate one of your office licenses on one of your computers, and then reactivate the license on the computer with the fresh install.

zagiame

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I think you need to go to your Office Account info settings and deactivate one of your office licenses on one of your computers, and then reactivate the license on the computer with the fresh install.

Problem is that the KEY's are not linked with my account, cuz there is no such option to link permanent key not a subscription key to your account, so it's not like I can unlink them from my account and use the KEY again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes