Desktop, Laptop and Tablet users: Do you use UWPs?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Myself I enjoy that they are so lightweight - quick to load, dedicated and simple in purpose. I find it preferable to social network via apps, like facebook and Instagram.

The core UWPs within windows 10, like groove, mail, edge and all the rest have a similar snappy minimalist quality. I'm looking forward to office 365 on uwp.
A favourite of mine is Kodi. The desktop version is positively bloated next to the app. That and bookviewer - that app is sick.

They are lovely to use with touch too.

I'll use win32 for power user software. But for the simple stuff (most stuff), I'd rather have it fast and direct to the point.

Last edited:

Starboy21

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I have opened the store only once on my lap..just to see the apps available coz we have programs for all of those apps like adobe photoshop, fb and instagram can be used with browser 7zip can be used instead of 8zip youtube can be accessed with the browser n so on..

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
As much as possible I use UWP even on my desktop, given that it is usable.

Some I'm using

Groove Music
Movies & TV
Photos
.............Of course Built-In Windows 10 apps.

For 3rd parties

MyTube Beta (A most excellent UWP, in fact this is an example of a hero UWP app)
Viber (Another awesome UWP app but development is currently on hold :eck:)
VLC
Cover (Comic Book Reader)
Audiocloud

Non UWP Windows Store apps I use

Kodi
Amazon

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
As much as possible I use UWP even on my desktop, given that it is usable.

Some I'm using

Groove Music
Movies & TV
Photos
.............Of course Built-In Windows 10 apps.

For 3rd parties

MyTube Beta (A most excellent UWP, in fact this is an example of a hero UWP app)
Viber (Another awesome UWP app but development is currently on hold :eck:)
VLC
Cover (Comic Book Reader)
Audiocloud

Non UWP Windows Store apps I use

Kodi
Amazon

Oh yeah your right I just checked that, the new touch friendly Kodi isn't UWP, its one of them new desktop ports. There is increasingly more of those, and because I'm a tablet and desktop user I don't notice.

Oh well, when windows on arm, and windows cloud come, no one will ever know the difference :p

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I use them quite often on my tablet and sometimes even on PC - like Netflix, Outlook Mail and Calendar, Baconit, sometimes Windows Central and MSPoweruser apps because the web sites can sometimes be slow because of the ads.
It is true though that I can't force myself to use more UWP apps because some of them look quite ridiculous or I am just used to use the web version (for i.e. fb or YouTube). I am sure they could have more functionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb