Windows 10 pro or windows 10 n?

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a question, I try to do a factory reset to my surface pro 4, but for some reason I got stuck re installing w10 at 64% so I have no choice but to download the w10 again on a USB and install it from there, my problem is that when I try to download it with the media creator tool it gives me just 3 choices, windows 10, windows home single and windows 10 N, the surface came with the 10 pro and I really don't want to loose it, so my question is if any of those windows 10 that I just mention is the w10 pro with a new name or something.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Pick Windows 10 from Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 includes BOT Home and Pro iso files.

I am assuming that you are doing a clean install using the USB flash drive ?

If yes, when you start the installation process, you will be given the choice of Home or Pro.
Yes, pay attention to what the screen asks you to do. Don't pick the wrong one.

FYI................
Windows 10 N is for Europe.
Windows 10 KN is for Korea.

Last edited:

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I get it now, the problem is that when I try to do the clean install with a USB it keeps getting stuck around 50% apparently the problem is that It can't find any controllers on the USB, I really don't know what to do and I can't send the surface to Microsoft because I'm from another country

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
the problem is that It can't find any controllers on the USB

Sorry, I don't understand that part.
I have no answer for that.

The only thing in my mind is : if you have an external CD/DVD drive that you can connect it to your SP4, then you can burn the iso file to a DVD. Then use the DVD for a clean install. That might work.
But then I am speculating only.

Sorry I am of no help to you.

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
The error that appear when I try to do the clean install with the USB is "no signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click ok" I read that some people with the same problem use a different port (USB 2 instead of USB 3) to do the clean install, problem is that the surface have just one USB port and I can't use in any other, I'm using a USB 3.0 flash drive to do the clean install

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes it shows me the primary partition to install it but then it get stuck on "preparing files" between 40% or 50% it never get stuck in the same %

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss