Windows 10 Bold Boxes

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has reported these bold boxes that I see all over Windows 10 and Windows Mobile... Or maybe people have reported it and I just have not seen it...

I don't know how to explain it. There is no way to trigger it. It just happens sometimes. I see it in edge, the store, one drive, start screen etc.

They really irritate me at times and make the OS seem very unpolished.

Here are the screenshots:

Screenshot (28).jpg

Screenshot (29).jpg

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe those are highlights so one can use a keyboard to navigate those options. Previous versions probably had either a slight blue glass effect or a subtle dotted box outline instead.

I don't know off the top of my head how they're triggered though.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe those are highlights so one can use a keyboard to navigate those options. Previous versions probably had either a slight blue glass effect or a subtle dotted box outline instead.

I don't know off the top of my head how they're triggered though.

You make it sound like something that can be turned off and turned on....

I didn't think so because it's totally random.

Here it is in mobile:

wp_ss_20170524_0001.jpg

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're not. I've seen it on mobile (which I blame as being one of many minor quirks) but don't usually use desktop 10.

See if pressing tab during use does anything. Or ALT. I think those move the box/maybe even bring it up. Pressing enter probably will select the highlighted button.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You're not. I've seen it on mobile (which I blame as being one of many minor quirks) but don't usually use desktop 10.

See if pressing tab during use does anything. Or ALT. I think those move the box/maybe even bring it up. Pressing enter probably will select the highlighted button.

Will be kind of difficult as I don't know what triggers it or when it will appear. It just happens

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it on the family Windows 10 PC and pressing Tab in Edge (and I'm sure others) created that outline and continuing to press it selected different buttons. Using space or enter then pressed the highlighted button.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it on the family Windows 10 PC and pressing Tab in Edge (and I'm sure others) created that outline and continuing to press it selected different buttons. Using space or enter then pressed the highlighted button.

You're right. Tab does creates it.

It must be a bug that is triggering it randomly. Because i am definitely not pressing tab when it happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo