I have a window that keeps poping up for a split second

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
There isn't any pattern to it as it flashes for a instance. I don't know what it is and I want to know if there a time stamp on when a program opens in Task Manager? How to capture it?

I see some stuff in Event Viewer which could be it.
DistributedCOM
Event ID: 10016

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Possibly coincidence, but I've noticed the same recently. I've checked the Task Scheduler but nothing seems to be scheduled for the times it occurs. Though there are a lot of tasks based on triggers, which is hard to go through and work out. Way more scheduled tasks than I expected but they do seem to be system related I think. Event Viewer in my case doesn't show an event at that time.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
So I'm not the only one that this is happening. Would be good to know what the heck is going on. On my display the flash happens toward the top and a bit to left of center. Happens very fast. Can't pick up a pattern.

My overactive mind just thinks it's NSA grabbing some info :evil:

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It happened about 10 minutes ago and I checked the Event Viewer under security I do see an Audit Success at the same time I notice the window flash. ESET_RootCertContainer again I'm not sure if it's this as it shows about 60 entries from the same time.

LOL I was thinking something along those lines as well Mark :)

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I seem to recall there has been some issue with Office 365 that is causing this? I believe there is a KB patch out there for it somewhere, though MS will push that out at some point you may want to search on Bing for this. If you don't have Office 365 then your issue is something else. I have Office 2013 on my laptop and this issue has not occurred so I can't test it but if you all have Office 365 that would explain things.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have not heard of this being an issue for Office 2016, it certainly is not showing up for me with Office 1013. So, whilst this is definitely a thing for Office 365 owners there could be some other issue causing similar symptoms for people who don't subscribe.

I suggest people in that situation take a look at everything third party that starts up with Windows (including services if necessary), and start disabling things to see what impact they have. Time to experiment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett