Audio enhancer suggestions, easy to use and Windows 10 compatible ?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I use my Laptop's speakers pretty often, would like to have a higher quality out of it.

Any suggestions for an easy to use software, I'm not looking for an Equalizer but enhancer, higher quality audio..

Thank you in advanced...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Isn't an audio enhancer in your case same as an equalizer? The only other way to enhance audio without using an equalizer would be to either a) get new speakers or b) get a new external sound card which isn't possible in case of a laptop.

My MSI GT60 has Thx Pro enhancements using Creative Sound Enhancer. You can give it a shot and see if it works, though I'm pretty sure it's chipset specific.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Equalizer is your best bet, with everything else being the same. You can check the presets to see if there are already made equalizer preset like Dance, Rock, Electronica, Vocal, etc.

The other option is the quality of your media (music, videos). If your MP3 are 128kbps, you can see if there are better quality versions you can obtain from your supplier (iTunes, MS Store music, online resellers). Best MP3 quality is 320kbps.

You can also check to see if there are LOSSLESS versions of the songs you purchased such as ALAC, FLAC, AAC, OGG, etc. They are usually much better quality by at least 2x 3x the quality. Personally, I prefer FLAC since it's more open source. You will hear the individual instruments better, but not more 'powerful' sound. If the speakers sound tinny, they will still sound tinny. Just more clarity tinny.

Best bet is to get a decent pair of bookshelf speakers or set of computer speakers with subwoofer. They sky's the limit.

TJ1616

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Check out Breakaway Audio Enhancer by Claesson Edwards. It's been around for quite some time, and the newest version (1.4) is fully compatible with Windows 10 (I used it every day). The biggest issue with the smaller speakers is that you can't get a consistent listening experience due to the loudness differences between different tracks and other content (web video etc.) None of these solutions will make small laptop speakers sound objectively "good" -- BUT, something with a mulitband compressor / limiter like Breakaway Audio Enhancer will drastically improve the perceived listening experience of all content. You lose dynamic range, but you didn't have it anyway with such small crappy speakers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo