No excuse for this to be still happening

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had store issues like this since Windows 8 first launched the store. How long does it take to make this platform more stable? You cant expect users to go all in on a app marketplace with something like Windows 10 S if they keep getting this junk. Yes, its been reported to feedback with all the other reports.

u6YV8B5.png
QAWa7As.jpg

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to see this when there was a Windows OS update that needed to happen first. Not always, but sometimes this was the issue.

Agree though, MS needs to get their $hit together, soon. They look like the JV Team in today's software world. One would not expect a SOFTWARE company to have so many issues with SOFTWARE!

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Windows update says I'm up to date, but these apps have been failing to update for a while now. The USAA app on mobile isn't installed, and just will not install.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion MSFT's efforts are an absolute joke when it comes to the store and if someone didn't know any better they'd think it was created by amateurs. Going by my experience, mobile has been the worst and that's cuz I frequent it more on that platform, or at least we did... I'm careful what we update on our PCs as MS has managed to screw up every one of mine in one form or another.

hans-martijn

May 14, 2015
Visit site
On mobile, I can buy software, but I cannot try software, even when that should be possible. On both desk- and laptop I have no problems at all. Compared to the app store from Apple, the overview is way better, but the functionality simply isn't there. I really do hate switching regions all the time too, since Cortana only works in foreign languages, I have the region wrong, but if I want to buy anything, I have to reboot for my own country. I'll be leaving the Windows mobile platform very soon...

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The junk does not bother me near as much as the searching and how apps are indexed. Sometime a verbatim search still won't return what it should. Also reviews/ratings listed on the thumbnail does not match the app itself when selected. The saddest part is these issues have existed since win8. It's not as horrid a development timeline as with Skype, but it is still pretty embarrassing for one of the world's largest tech companies.

utg001

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had problems like this only on a few apps, not all at once. One particular app i had trouble with was live earth pacific on my phone. Nothing would help me with that, until my phone got updated.

That said, I've had more trouble with finding a good Maps app for my country, Bing maps are literally worse than using paper Maps in Pakistan. It's been 6 months since Microsoft said "Soon^TM" but still nothing is in the works.

I personally think Microsoft went in the very right direction with their strategy, but it took them too long to complete anything. They would announce a bunch if cool features which fans would wait for, but before they could finish anything they had to announce new more advanced features, dropping the old features and the cycle would repeat.

So today Windows on both PC and Mobile has many really cool features and a UI that puts the competition to shame, but it's a shame for Microsoft that they have so many holes to fill but not much support left to fill them with. Eventually i had to buy an android because i couldn't even call an uber because of how bad Maps are.

ryanlrobinson

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to open the Store on my desktop in months: "something happened and we couldn't sign you in." I wanted to install Spotify when it launched. I wanted to install LinkedIn when it launched. A couple others I've read about on WC but couldn't try. Only happens on one device, but it's a pretty substantial bug for a long time. Eventually I'll just give the computer a fresh install and that might fix it, but I haven't felt enough other reasons to get there. Maybe Fall Creators Update will be that excuse.

My other complaint has to do with Xbox games. I can browse in the Xbox app, but then if I try to buy, it takes me to the Store, where it tells me it isn't available for my device. I always forget this is the case since we used to be able to buy from the Xbox app, and I prefer it that way so it is sitting on my Xbox when I go to it later.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
No issues from the store. Only from your app. Constant crashes, and not able to post from it. I'm using a browser to post this.

Fix this.

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The windows store is terrible. I've been using it since wp7, and WSRESET is a constant tool on my pc. I've had to completely format twice since a windows reset didn't fix issues with app updates. it's an embarrassment.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Windows Store has always been flakey for me on mobile and desktop, but more on mobile. In fact, aside from Office apps, everything MS makes is flakey lately.

Vincent McLaughlin

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had issues with bot the Store on Windows 10 and Mobile. I agree that these issues should be nearly nonexistent by now. It can be a pain in the butt to have to deal with issues in downloading and updating apps. I've only had an issue purchasing apps, due to an error once. However, downloading and updating apps errors has been a very ongoing issue. With Windows S especially, this issue needs to be resolved.

Lon Diffenderfer

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had store issues like this since Windows 8 first launched the store. How long does it take to make this platform more stable? You cant expect users to go all in on a app marketplace with something like Windows 10 S if they keep getting this junk. Yes, its been reported to feedback with all the other reports.

View attachment 137021
View attachment 137022
Yes, it is "flaky" for me as are many of the apps which are supposed to work with Windows and Windows Mobile. It seems that I find another app that has stopped working with Windows Mobile every couple of weeks. Although I really do not want to do it, I will soon be forced to switch platforms. :unhappy:

Lon

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 137021
View attachment 137022

Weird, I don't remember the last time I had an issue with the store . It's been super stable and reliable for me

Kevin Cocquyt

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Since the last couple days (weeks?). The store just keeps on loading, showing no content at all. Even after waiting for 10 minutes, the spinner just goes on and on. Really annoying and hopefully, this is only an issue for me because, if they really want to push apps and the Windows 10 S platform. This is the very minimum it needs to work properly.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
is anyone actually going to offer a solution or would everyone just prefer to spout their opinion? No issues with the store on my machine.

What build of Windows are you on? What AV software do you use? Been playing with the firewall or your hosts file?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS