Windows 10 Concept, yay or nay?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I thought this concept looked pretty neat. It's a lot more polished and looks less like a giant advertisement trying to disrupt your focus. It would at least be nice if it was an option as a style in windows 10 and enforced developers to submit an appropriate icon for when that style is selected. It could use some enhancements no doubt but I haven't seen many windows 10 concepts that are good.

windows_10_live_tiles_concept_by_higorsm25-d9qvg7n.jpg

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't like this personally.

The horrendous contrast would make for poor viewing in more environments than I'd like. What I'd prefer is a style more in line with Windows Phone 7 with tiles that are the same color with white icons.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's really the uniformity that I prefer. I can't stand all the chaos of having random loud tiles everywhere. It reminds me of back in the day when you would go to the back of a magazine and it would have all these companies competing for ad space. It was a jumbled choatic mess. The concept of tiles is great because adding transparency and the ability to do icon packs etc.. You can have it look anyway you like. You get an ios icon pack and set transparency to full and there you have an ios style look. They need more customization like android when it comes to theming and icons. And it needs to be easily done with 1 click through the store. Licensed themes etc. And they really need to put some rules down on what developers submit in terms of UI. I know people on here will argue because of bias around them and their friends. I find that through my own anecdotal experiences people dislike tiles unless they are done well. However, default tiles are usually chaotic and messy. You essentially have to put work into it if you want a better experience.

MS should cater to the consumer crowd. They need to hire a bunch of random older people and watch them navigate the UI and get feedback from them. Make default simple, elegant and uniform. Through customization, those who know their stuff can use it and don't need to complain.

Rahul cholate

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I prefer Windows 10 alot. Addicted to this platform alot and it seems hard to me for switching on to other platforms. It's always a Yay!!!!!!!! In using this platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
udungolianth