Resetting OneDrive for On-Demand Sync

Roy Corneloues

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
One of the advantages of OneDrive is the ability to change the folder structures, move things around and make it your own.

However with On-Demand Sync (ODS) and the tighter integration with your Desktop, Favourites and all other user folders, there is a potential for things to go wrong before you get started.

I, for example, like many I'm sure, redirected all their user folders (Documents, Downloads, Favourites, Saved Games, Searches, etc) to their OneDrive.

With ODS this is the default behaviour I believe. So not only do I want to move them all back to my user folder, I also want to reset all the OneDrive special folders so things work as they should come RS3.

Has anyone looked at this? Created/found a guide? Has Microsoft published all the what if's should ODS throw a paddy when it connects?

I resisted builds of RS3 once ODS was enabled just in case it screwed things up. Have any insiders been through this journey? Did Windows/OneDrive take care of it all automatically or was there work to be done.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Roy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reiana S.