Latest UPdate Breaks MyCloud Network Discovery

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed the latest update this morning (Windows 10 Pro, V. 1703, Build 15063.632). Since then my 2TB WD MyCloud NAS is not discovered when I click on Network. Other PCs are found, but the Cloud is not found now. Even if I refresh the view it remains undiscovered.

I've rebooted everything, double-checked all other network settings (IP, Workgroup), etc. Everything else is fine. Using Ethernet.

I can connect to the Cloud using the WD Quick View system tray icon, and I can create a desktop shortcut that connects to the Cloud. And it shows in Devices.

The Cloud is discoverable on my W7 laptop. .

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance . . .

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed the latest update this morning (Windows 10 Pro, V. 1703, Build 15063.632). Since then my 2TB WD MyCloud NAS is not discovered when I click on Network. Other PCs are found, but the Cloud is not found now. Even if I refresh the view it remains undiscovered.

I've rebooted everything, double-checked all other network settings (IP, Workgroup), etc. Everything else is fine. Using Ethernet.

I can connect to the Cloud using the WD Quick View system tray icon, and I can create a desktop shortcut that connects to the Cloud. And it shows in Devices.

The Cloud is discoverable on my W7 laptop. .

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance . . .

Okay -- finally found the soluton.

Evidently the update turned off SMB 1.0/CIFS in Windows Features, and this is necessary for other PC "devices" to appear in the Network browser. . .

In case anyone else has this issue look here first. . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon