Problem loading some websites after Win 10 Fall Creator update

Akamaigirl777

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Thanks up in advance for ANY help - I'm running out of ideas... I'm having an issue where some websites load just fine and others do not. I'm using x64 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (which updated and installed (I believe) without issues; along with subsequent updates have installed without error). After the update the Mixed Reality headset I purchased worked fine (although some things still lagging and jumpy) BUT when simply browsing some websites, like cnet, craigslist, etc... will NOT load...?... Same on all browsers; tried clearing cache and flushing DNS; tried turning off Firewall, changing security level and even creating a whitelist rule, but no joy... I can ping each and get an instantaneous response with resolved IP, and tracert also ends by successfully reaching its destination, while the sites still continue to ERR_TIMED_OUT. ....???? All other devices (ios, android and windows) on the same network load these same pages without any problems, just this computer... I bought this AW 17 R4 7th gen i7, 16gb with 1070 'powerhouse' that can't even browse the web... (btw I made sure all my drivers were up to date, according to Dell anyways). Someone else mentioned changing the DNS that didn't work either; but since the IP resolves quickly, pretty sure it's not a DNS issue. Someone else got theirs working by rolling back or a fresh install of windows; but I don't want to do that since the purpose was for Mixed Reality... THANKS again for any ideas anyone might have...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hi, so first of all welcome to the forums :) 2nd. Please refrain from creating multiple threads regarding the same issue. If someone has the answer, they'll most likely help or at least try to.

Ultimately I would recommend a refresh of your current build, but you seem to want a different solution. I can't guarantee that it would work, but it is worth a shot?

Akamaigirl777

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
re:

Thanks for your reply... and yes, I apologize for the multiple entries...

I'm not opposed to a 'fresh' install and the only thing I want is to use the new Fall Creators update; having it for Mixed Reality was the reason I bought this machine...

I will continue to do more research as well, and will call Dell back... I noticed another thing these sites had in common was a 'unsecure' marking leading me to believe somehow it has to do with the sensitivity or protocol of the web browsers vs the direct route.

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

Thanks for your reply... and yes, I apologize for the multiple entries...

I'm not opposed to a 'fresh' install and the only thing I want is to use the new Fall Creators update; having it for Mixed Reality was the reason I bought this machine...

I will continue to do more research as well, and will call Dell back... I noticed another thing these sites had in common was a 'unsecure' marking leading me to believe somehow it has to do with the sensitivity or protocol of the web browsers vs the direct route.

Thanks

It is my sacred task to warn all! I just needed to make sure lol. You're new so you weren't aware of the rule.

The unsecured websites could be an actual clue. Keep us updated on your finds will ya :)

Akamaigirl777

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
re:

It is my sacred task to warn all! I just needed to make sure lol. You're new so you weren't aware of the rule.

The unsecured websites could be an actual clue. Keep us updated on your finds will ya :)

Thanks... Ya, one would think the 'unsecured...' would be 'THE' clue, but not... Anyways, it took a factory reset and then 2 separate Dell Premium service guys a hours of uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, adapters the works to get it working again, so it's anyone's guess the original culprit. Thanks again!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

Guess starting from scratch should've been the go to lol. Happy it's sorted! Would be cool to know how the headset is working and how it impacts your daily computing life, but for now have fun

Aravind Belagaje

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Unsecure most of the time means it is not using ssl and data is not encryped so i guess you have problem with http protocol where as https works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro