Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CHIP72
  • 1 Post By smurfercom

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I accidentally deleted Internet Explorer 10 from my computer. Is their a way I can get it back on the computer? It's not in the Windows Store and can't find it on Microsoft's site.

If anyone knows how I can put it be back on that'd be great, thanks!

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    How do you mean deleted? Worst case you have to re-install, but I am guessing you accidentally unpinned the tile which you can get back just like on Windows Phone, go to the app list and pin it again.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulheu View Post
    How do you mean deleted? Worst case you have to re-install, but I am guessing you accidentally unpinned the tile which you can get back just like on Windows Phone, go to the app list and pin it again.
    I actually click move to trash, then emptied the trash. So I don't have it on my computer anymore.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Do you still have the browser choice app on your start screen? If not right click the start screen and click the 'all apps' button on the bottom. Then select the browser choice app and select Internet Explorer.

Otherwise I'm afraid a re install is in order.

refresh should be sufficient, but yes, you may have to do this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderJJJ View Post
    I actually click move to trash, then emptied the trash. So I don't have it on my computer anymore.
    Uh...so you just moved the shortcut to the trash? Just readd the shortcut to the desktop.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,520 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulheu View Post
    Do you still have the browser choice app on your start screen? If not right click the start screen and click the 'all apps' button on the bottom. Then select the browser choice app and select Internet Explorer.

Otherwise I'm afraid a re install is in order.
    We don't have a browser choice application in the states.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    If you just removed the shortcut just go to c:\program files\internet explorer and start it from there, then pin the icon to the taskbar or right click to program file to copy a shortcut to the desktop.

We're getting confusing signals here since in W8 there is no shortcut for IE on the desktop and in the start screen the tile basically is just a shortcut itself. From StartScreen you also do not 'move to trash' but you 'uninstall'

I think I did the same thing with IE10 that you described...moved it to the trash and then deleted it.
    Did you ever find a way to get the metro tile back.
    Thanks,
    Alex

Try this:

From metro UI, click on search by moving to the right side of the screen.

Type "add features" and click on the settings tab.

You will see two choices. Click the one that says "add features to windows" or something to that effect.

I remember seeing IE10 in there. Hope that works!
    If you have another computer or even a local library you can copy the IE folder onto a flash drive and try transferring it over to your PC.

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    How are you guys moving IE10 to trash? I get no option to move anything to trash when right clicking in metro or desktop.
    I also ran into the same problem. The solution is pretty simple...

Make IE10 your default browser!

After making it default when u pin it to start screen u can see whola! the metro IE10

I did actually uninstall it and cant get it back help!
    All downloads I try iof internet explorer say it cant install on my operating system
    Im not at home, so I cant check - but maybe go to the store and install another browser (if you dont already have one). Use that browser to go to the MS website and re-download it.

In order to get the Windows 8 style (metro), make IE your default and it will switch over.

Global Posts
    997 Global Posts
    This might sound stupid, but have you searched for/typed "Internet Explorer" on the Metro mode start screen? I'm not using my Windows 8 computer at the moment, but I would guess it might show up as an application choice in the Charms bar if the tile was merely removed and IE 10 wasn't actually uninstalled.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Bearach likes this.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderJJJ View Post
    I accidentally deleted Internet Explorer 10 from my computer. Is their a way I can get it back on the computer? It's not in the Windows Store and can't find it on Microsoft's site.

If anyone knows how I can put it be back on that'd be great, thanks!
    You also might want to try going into your control panel and look at your programs and features make sure IE is ticked.

Edit: Another thing you can do is a system file check that will bring back all of your default windows apps good luck!
    Last edited by smurfercom; 02-02-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Bearach likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfercom View Post
    You also might want to try going into your control panel and look at your programs and features make sure IE is ticked.

Edit: Another thing you can do is a system file check that will bring back all of your default windows apps good luck!
    just in case you don't know how to do that, click winkey+x open command prompt (admin) and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. also try going to metro screen and just type internet explorer and see what pops up

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    So I just did the same exact thing where I uninstalled it but I found this awesome forum that fixed everything. And that was after I read this whole thread and nothing worked. If you haven't already fixed the problem this should do it

Internet Explorer 10 Metro - Restore in Windows 8