Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

1 Posts
    OK - this is seriously screwed up by MS or I missed the boat completely........Here's the issue:

I purchased, got my serial and downloaded the files for setup, 2.63GB via the Upgrade assistant. Now there's the first problem as the 64-bit files are supposed to be 3.3GB.

As if that is not enough, all attempts at install proved useless, probably because of the file discrepancy.

OK - What now?

Google advises that I redownload the install files - good advice? One would think so, would you not?

Think again.

I cannot redownload any files as all attempts to run the upgrade assistant prompts me to purchase the product again prior to getting to the download. I have already purchased the product but cannot download the setup files.

Does anybody have any advice/ideas for me where I can download the setup files for Win8 64-bit again without having to spend another Ł25?

Honestly, I have spent the better part of an afternoon on this and am none the wiser.

6 Posts
    download it here using ur product key

66 Posts
    My files were on my desktop.

14 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Not sure if 3.3GB for 64 bit is correct. I downloaded 64 bit with upgrade assistant and the ISO is 2,828,864KB. I doubled checked with the now installed OS and it is indeed 64 bit.

1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    64 bit is not 3.3gb. There is a torrent copy out there that is, but it uses less compression.

70 Posts
    mine was about 2.8 gb.

I ran into the same issue trying to install it after I replaced my hard drive with SSD. I ended up create a boot-able disk and installed it on boot up. They give you a choice of fresh install or keep your current setting.