Windows 8 Questions...HELP!

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello y'all, did my Windows 8 installation yesterday and although it went on successfully with the second try, I got some questions.

1. Did the installation ask of the product key sent to you when you bought the upgrade? Mine didn't.

2. Can I get an image file as a backup after the installation since it didn't ask me to save as image file and especially after deleting Windows.old from my C drive?

3. Windows 8 upgrade assistant now tells me I can't download Windows 8 due to my location/region although it allowed me the first time when I bought. Any solutions?

4. Is the DVD backup ordering page working for anybody? I can log in but get an error when I click submit order.

I just want a backup copy that's all. Help please :'(

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
1. Not if you did an upgrade.
2. Unlikely.
3. You're already running Windows 8, it will show that message as an excuse [error].
4. Going for a DVD copy may cost you extra, if you want to do a digital copy, you can download a genuine Windows 8 copy on the internet. I'm not sure if it's legal, but from my perspective, as long as you bought a genuine digital copy then you should be fine.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
1. Not if you did an upgrade.

2. Unlikely.

3. You're already running Windows 8, it will show that message as an excuse [error].

4. Going for a DVD copy may cost you extra, if you want to do a digital copy, you can download a genuine Windows 8 copy on the internet. I'm not sure if it's legal, but from my perspective, as long as you bought a genuine digital copy then you should be fine.

Oooohh thank you thank you thank you. You've provided me with a lot of insights....I was really worried. For the Windows 8 copy on the internet, can I get a link please? Thanks once again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte