Messasing Is Lacking In Windows 8

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
It is funny how a few promotions for Windows 8 and its devices show video chats. I've yet to find a good video chat client.

Messaging loses connection a lot and has no video chat support. Skype only has video messaging with Skype users and Facebook chat isn't working currently.

Most of my friends/family are on WLM for video chat needs. I could always load the old client but would like to have the "modern" app.

Any news on fixes for these apps, especially staying connected?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Messaging had a problem for me till I unlinked Facebook, then reinstalled and linked again.

Skype does work for video calls, I've used it many times. Even used for a video call from my phone to my Dad's Windows 8 PC. Maybe you need to reinstall?

OK...so, if I uninstall messaging (which also removes mail, calendar, people) unlink FB, reinstall and then link FB, that it should fix connection issues? Wonder why it is happening on all 3 of my Win 8 devices?

And you made a video call with a Windows Live account via Skype? I've yet to see that option...only with another Skype user. I really need video chat with a WLM user.

addicusbrown

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My issue is I thought Skype was free over WiFi but it keeps asking me for a credit card. Would someone please shed some clarity on this for me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720