Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Is there any way to search on the email server in the Mail app? You can do this on Windows Phone and it works great, but I can't find the option in the Windows 8 Mail app.

do you mean search for emails inside the app if so open mail app then go to charm bar click search then seach for specific email
    other than that i have no idea

I mean searching for a message that isn't locally synced. For example, my client is set to sync the last 2 weeks, but if I'm looking for a message from 2 years ago, I'd like to search on the email server and then download/view that message. This is a feature that works on the Windows Phone 7 Mail app, but I can't find it on the Windows 8 Mail app. It makes the app fairly useless unless you want to sync your entire email history (I don't really need to store 5 GB/ 8 years of email locally).

Quote Originally Posted by gfunk84 View Post
    I mean searching for a message that isn't locally synced. For example, my client is set to sync the last 2 weeks, but if I'm looking for a message from 2 years ago, I'd like to search on the email server and then download/view that message. This is a feature that works on the Windows Phone 7 Mail app, but I can't find it on the Windows 8 Mail app. It makes the app fairly useless unless you want to sync your entire email history (I don't really need to store 5 GB/ 8 years of email locally).
    then no it doesn't have that option
    your only option is to select download last 3 days - last 7 days - last 2 weeks - last month - any time
    mail app at the moment have basic functionality