- 11-17-2012, 07:32 PM #1
I noticed an update for the Windows 8 music app tonight, so I let it update. When I checked later, it was no where to be found. I went to the store and it said that I own the app. When I did a search, again, nowhere to be found. So at the moment, my main PC doesn't have XBOX music with no way to know how to get it back. Suggestions?
11-17-2012, 07:42 PM #2
- 150 Posts
You can reinstall it this way:
Open up Store, right click, click on Your Apps. Change "Apps not installed on this PC" to "All Apps". Select "Music" and click Install on the bottom bar.
This will reinstall the application. Good luck! If you continues to have strange issues like this, you may want to refresh your PC.
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM #3
- 60 Posts
I've had this happen to me after an update corrupted my mail/people/calendar apps. The only solution I found at the time was to use PowerShell to manually remove the appx packages, and then reinstall the apps. See here: Accesing Metro via PowerShell
- By DougB541#CB in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 13Last Post: 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
- By missionsparta in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM
- By The PC Genius in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 07-29-2011, 01:06 PM
- By jasqid in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:27 AM
- By arnewayne in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 02-13-2011, 10:18 AM