Live account with my own email address issue

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a live account with login using my own email address plus my email is retreived for that address also. With my windows phone, login and sync works great. However if I try to setup a surface that I just picked up or a windows 8 machine, it seems to get lost when I try to login to the live account. I just get a blank screen and it won't setup the email. Any ideas?

thanks

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Is the email address your using a microsoft address (hotmail, live, etc). I've got a .hotmail address and have four devices that I can signin on. Try to login using a local account then create a new account using your email credentials so that a cloud-based profile can be created.

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. So I noticed my account is setup with my non microsoft user name, which is actually my own email address. Somehow I ended up with two calendar accounts for the same live login, a hotmail and exchange one. But still, when I try to add email, it says the email account is already setup but I cannot see any email for my live account. Again, my live account email/username is not a microsoft email address.

any ideas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3